Sixth Sense Ventures (SSIO-III) invests $4M in Edtech venture, Toprankers - India’s largest platform for careers beyond Engineering & Medical (E&M).
Within India’s $12B test-prep sector, the online space is the fastest growing vertical within Edtech, set to quadruple to $4B by 2025 with over 5M+ paid users. While this space has historically been driven by Engineering (JEE) & Medical (NEET), Engineering has ironically witnessed a 10yr low in student enrollments, signaling a clear shift in careers. New-age students are increasingly looking for careers beyond E&M.
Toprankers participates in these whitespaces, tapping into careers beyond E&M, focusing on undergrad & postgrad programs in:
- Law - CLAT, AILET, LLM (LegalEdge)
- Judiciary services - State exams (Judiciary Gold)
- Management - CUET, IPM (SuperGrads)
- Design, fashion & architecture - NATA, NID, UCEED (Creative Edge)
Founded by serial entrepreneurs, Gaurav Goel, @Karan Mehta & Harsh Gagrani, Toprankers has enabled over 2L students to kickstart their careers & aims to build careers for a Million students over the next 3 years. TR has already garnered a dominant share in law, with LegalEdge amassing 60% of the ranks across national law exams, while Judiciary Gold, SuperGrads & Creative Edge have also embarked on a similar journey by producing AIR 1 ranks in judiciary, management & design exams.
Along with test prep, TR helps students with career discovery, job prep, study abroad, etc. Clear focus to be a full-stack career company. The recently announced @CUET (Common Universities Entrance Test) - for admissions across all national universities with 15L aspirants, presents a large opportunity.
Gaurav Goel, CEO of Toprankers, said, “15M+ students appear for Grade 12 annually, with ~10% opting for E&M. The remaining 90% are unclear about their careers, we want to help them in making a clear choice about their careers & offer the right prep for a brighter future. Our brands serve unique career opportunities & we'll continue to add more brands serving more students across verticals. We are thrilled to have Sixth Sense Ventures be part of our journey, we couldn't have asked for better partners.”
Nikhil Vora, Founder & CEO, Sixth Sense Ventures said, “at 38% CAGR, online test-prep is a $4B high-growth opportunity. Millennials & GenZ are aspiring for careers beyond E&M, presenting large whitespaces with almost no presence of incumbents. Gaurav, Karan, & Harsh are seasoned edtech founders, who understand nuances to make a student's career journey successful. In just 18 months Toprankers has been able to establish itself as the defacto platform in law. Excited to partner with Toprankers as it replicates vertical dominance across other careers & establishes itself as India’s largest platform for new-age careers for the students of tomorrow!”