Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (16th July 2018). Read a brief description about all of them:
1. Eatigo, the leading restaurant reservation platform in Southeast Asia, has received a follow-on investment from its existing strategic investor, TripAdvisor, bringing its total raise across all its investors to date to over $25M.
2. Blume Ventures, Benhamou Global Ventures (BGV) and Emergent Ventures announce the launch of a first-of-its-kind India-US cross-border accelerator platform, Arka Venture Labs for Indian B2B startups.
3. BizLab, European plane-maker Airbus' aerospace business accelerator is open to picking up stake in Indian startups it works with, reported ET.
4. After setting up operations in Dubai and China, Oyo has begun operation in London, reported Entrackr.
5. Business-to-business supply chain financing startup Vayana Network claims to have crossed a $1 billion of loan disbursals on its platform catering to more than 250 corporate supply chains in the country.
6. Swedish furniture major IKEA has postponed the dates of opening its first store at Hyderabad by almost 20 days to 9 August.
7. Fintech startup Rubique is in talks to raise $20-25 million in a round, which will see participation from both existing and new investors, reported LiveMint.
8. Maharashtra government and Foxconn are likely to sign a deal under which the world’s biggest contract manufacturer of consumer electronics will finally set up a manufacturing hub in the state.
9. Grofers has shifted its focus from the sale of fresh products to private-label offerings.
10. Ola has introduced a safety feature for passengers where drivers have to authenticate themselves by uploading a selfie before the ride.
11. Ola has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Haryana government’s department of employment to create 35,000 entrepreneurial opportunities in the state.
12. Co-living spaces startup StayAbode has closed a pre-Series A round of funding.
13. According to a report published by ET, senior executives at Flipkart have opposed Google’s interest in the company as they see it as a potential rival in future and Google would gain access to the company’s database to help its own venture.
14. Fertiliser major IFFCO and Singapore-based tech firm iMandi have come together to launch an e-commerce app IFFCO iMandi, to address all needs of the farming community.
15. GPS enabled tracking solutions provider Letstrack has announced its plans to invest $2M in premium retailers under its initiative Letstrack points.
16. Grofers has shut down vegetable and fruits segment across cities including Delhi (NCR) and Bengaluru.
17. Flipkart owned payment application PhonePe has acquired hyper local point of sales deploying company Zopper Retail for an undisclosed amount.
18. Caller ID app Truecaller has introduced a new Call recordingfeature for its premium users on Android.
19. Edtech startup Unacademy has raised $21 million Series C round led by Sequoia Capital, Nexus Ventures, SAIF Partners.