Advertisement

HUL Invests In Health And Wellness Sector

Hindustan Unilever enters into the health and wellness industry with two investments in Zywie Ventures and Wellbeing Nutrition

Hindustan Unilever steps into the health and wellness industry with strategic investment in two direct-to-consumer brands- Zywie Ventures and Wellbeing Nutrition. The transaction for both investments is expected to be completed in the next 1-3 months. The industry is considered to be about Rs 30,000 crore.

As per the reports, HUL will acquire a 51 per cent stake in OZiva(Zywie Ventures) which is a plant-based consumer wellness brand for Rs 264.28 crore. The rest of the 49 per cent will be acquired at the end of 36 months based on pre-agreed valuation criteria.

Sanjiv Mehta, CEO and Managing Director, HUL said: “We are delighted to welcome OZiva and Wellbeing Nutrition to the HUL family and our portfolio of purpose-led brands. These strategic investments give us an entry into the fast-growing Health & well-being category. They align strongly with our mission to improve the health and well-being of consumers and empower people to take charge of their health through solutions that they can trust. I strongly believe that HUL is well-positioned to support further scale-up of these businesses through our R&D, Market Development, Distribution capabilities and Unilever’s global Health & well-being expertise.”

OZiva has a product range focused on lifestyle protein, hair and beauty supplements and women’s health. It reported a revenue of Rs 124.17 crore in FY22 and is a digital-first brand with products available on its website and marketplace.

Aarti Gill & Mihir Gadani, Founders of OZiva said: “We are glad to partner with HUL to achieve our vision of empowering people to live better and healthier with OZiva. Over the last few years, we have created an innovative portfolio that has helped millions of consumers live better life. As the next step in this journey, with OZiva's focus on innovation in the space of health & wellbeing and HUL's strong capabilities in category development and distribution, we believe we can together create a stronger purpose-led brand that brings us closer to our vision and touch more lives around the world.”

In the second deal, HUL will acquire a 19.8 per cent equity stake in Wellbeing Nutrition for Rs 70 crore, through a combination of primary fusion and secondary buyouts.

Avnish Chhabria, Founder & CEO, Wellbeing Nutrition said: “We are very excited to welcome onboard Hindustan Unilever as a strategic investor. Wellbeing Nutrition has been on a mission to make clean nutrition accessible to consumers all over the world on the back of innovative products, such as Melts (Oral Thin Strips) and Slow (2-in-1 capsule technology) formulated using high-quality and globally-sourced natural ingredients. We believe this partnership will help scale Wellbeing Nutrition by leveraging HUL’s reach and capabilities and become a lifestyle wellness brand of choice.”

Wellbeing was founded in 2019 and has a product line which includes Melts (Oral Thin Strips), Slow (Slow-Release Capsules) and Marine Collagen powder focused on areas such as beauty, everyday health, gut health and sleep. It reported a revenue of Rs 19.40 crore in FY22.


Tags assigned to this article:
hindustan unilever health and wellness

Around The World

Advertisement