'TAILSLIFE: A Bangalore-based Online Pet-Related Information Provider Raised an Undisclosed Amount in Seed Round of Funding from 6 Investors
Other startups who operating in this space include DogSpot.in and Heads Up For Tails (HUFT) among others
Tailslife has a bunch of passionate pet lovers who have created the app to meet the needs of every pet parent across India. They aim at making pet parenting easier and happier by providing content specific to the breed and age of a pet and easier access to vet, grooming and boarding services.
Understanding the need for all pet lovers and pet parents, Balaji Ramesh, Prachi Gupta, and Dushyant Rao came up with the app called TailsLife.
The idea came to Balaji when his sister presented his wife and him an English Cocker Spaniel. Balaji says that the struggles and the happiness of taking care of him, visiting vets, grooming parlours, boarding spaces, hunting pet friendly restaurants in the town, became a part of daily life.
Balaji says he started learning more about dogs and finally started reading a lot and meeting people for professional help. Based on all these factors, Balaji decided to develop an app for pets – where people can address or visit places with just a click. The idea was then discussed with a couple of friends who gave a positive feedback. “Then I spoke to my wife, my parents, and to two other friends who were kicked about it,” says Balaji.
Last year, Tailslife launched the beta version of its app in Bangalore, Coimbatore and Chennai and it proved to be quite a success. So, post the immediate organic downloads in both android and iOS, they started working on the next version which offers tailored content specific to the breed and age of the dog/cat by experts, booking of services, interactive Forum and vaccination reminders. They have also developed a back-end portal that would help pet service providers to manage their appointments seamlessly, we are providing it for free at the moment.
Our app is out there in iOS & Android stores; they have come up with a really clean UI along with easy navigation functionalities and advanced features.
Our latest version has the following features:
1) Breed no bar content for your furry friend! From Poodles to Persian cats we got your back with tailored content specific to your pet's breed and age. So once you have registered your pet's breed and age with us you will automatically get informative articles that are more relatable to their age and type.
2) Get your pet ready for the red-carpet as we bring you the best pet spas and salon services in town. Do you need to go away on a vacation but are wondering where to board your four legged buddy? Well, look no further! With a click of a button we get you in touch with the best boarding kennels in the city.
3) They also have the grooviest forum that we like to call "Tales ";, which is totally dedicated to your pet. So you can virtually shake a leg with other pet parents and share your story - it could be about disappearing socks, chewed up shoes or even a wacky selfie with your pet. You can also share and view interesting pet stories from around the world.
They have received our Seed Fund from various investors. Our main benefactors happen to be:
Mohan Kumar (NVP Norwest Ventures), Encube Venture Partners LLP, V. Balakrishnan (Exfinity), Satish Tembad (Individual Investor), Vineet Jain (Individual Investor), Nishanth Ramkutty (Individual Investor)
Near Future Plans with the funding amount:
a) Investing in Product & Tech
b) Scaling up to other cities
c) Hiring talent for tech, design, sales and operations
Let's see what investors have to say about this venture that they have found worth investing in:
V. Balakrishnan (Exfinity Ventures) said, “With rising disposable income and pet ownership, India is one of the fastest growing pet markets in the world. What India lacks is an integrated ecosystem where pet owners can get all their needs fulfilled in a common single platform. Being a pet owner myself, I am happy to be invested in Tails life which provides an unique, unparalleled market place experience for all pet owners. The team at Tails life is passionate and are committed to make it a great success”
Suresh Kumar (Partner, Encube Ventures Partners LLP) said, “The pet care space has seen tremendous growth and largely the solutions that a pet parent is looking for is fragmented. Tailslife can a play a significant role and add a lot of value by bringing everything on a single platform to a pet parent such as myself”
Satish Tembad, said, "For any pet owners, pet care is no less than child care. For many amateur pet owners, like first time parents, it is bit difficult as the information and support systems are not well organized. Tailslife is helping them address this issue through content curation, personalization and bringing a support eco-system in one place leveraging technology including machine learning and AI. I think, the idea is well thought out and unique with very good potential. The passion, drive and commitment of the team helped me invest in them.”
Tailslife Future Plans:
They believe in dreaming big and hope to offer the best services to pet parents. So their future plans include the following tabs, subject to slightly vary.
1) Pet store – Where you can buy appetizing food and pick up trendy for your canine and feline buddy.
2) Pet outings – We will put you in touch with pet friendly resorts and eat outs where you and your furry buddy can enjoy a quiet drink and fine cuisine together! You can also enjoy a quick getaway or even a laid back vacation with your pet
Around The World