What Fashion Trends to Expect in 2018?
The fashion e-commerce space is springing rapidly in India making customers shopping experience very convenient with varied options.
Photo Credit : divante.co,
While this year was all about floral prints and embroideries with Millennial Pink as the colour of the year from summer dresses to winter jackets we all saw this colour in our wardrobes. The 2018 will tend to be about sequins, art collaborations with designers and artistic designs with detailed thread and shimmer work on pastels, nudes and basics. Some of the trends to look forward to -
1. Sequins – Sequins will be next fashion statement and celebration of the year. From Tom Ford, Versace, Dior to Chanel, everyone’s following this trend. Sequin tank tops can be paired with bomber jackets or oversized cotton shirts to give a day look. While brunches will shine with tilt of shimmer & shine shrugs and jackets will help detailing. The sparkle will also be seen on bags and shoes to pair with solid colour dresses and tops to give the little bling to the look.
2. Art Collaborations – Fashion designers have embraced the world of art to create some of their best and most lasting work in the past. Today, the tradition carries on, stronger than ever. The coming year will see designs and trends inspired by famous artists. We will see designers collaborating with famous artists to create a unique collection together. For instance, Micheal Kors doing a collection with deep prints that will display art and beautiful silhouettes.
3. Ruffles - It started with flutter sleeves. Then graduated to peplums. We will see ruffles out in full force for 2018. Ruffles add feminity to a piece. We saw one shoulder ruffles and skirts and dresses with ruffle edges ended the year, this style is definitely to stay. We will be seeing lots more of this along with bold colours such as blue, red, yellow and brown.
4. Sheer – Sheer tops, tunics and dresses were the favourites in 2017 with embroidery and some sequin work. Designers have taken a different approach in 2018, where we will see coordinates as shown by Dior, Pranav Gurung. We will also see sheer tops, dresses paired up with pastels for evening and brunch looks, giving new meaning to the words light and airy.
5. Checks - Whether it’s an intricate gingham or oversized tartan print, checks will be the hottest trend for 2018. Checks give a definition to the body and the look. It is one of the trend that can worn for any occasion in the day. Classic checks with pieces, which will feature interesting details such as bright embroidery or beads work. Over-sized check suits and jackets will be seen for formal wear. Tartan on gorgeous modern pieces, like a pair of wide-leg culottes or crop tops. Checks paired with contract colour solid or pastel pants, skirts and shirts will be seen in 2018.
The fashion e-commerce space is springing rapidly in India making customers shopping experience very convenient with varied options. With this growth the constant changing fashion trends will be easily available for the costumers. There will be evolution of e-commerce fashion brands and bring in international labels to India.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house
Around The World