We inspire confidence and encourage individuals to find their niche: Harsh Agrawal, Founder, ShoutMeLoud
In an interview with BW Disrupt, Harsh Agrawal, Founder, ShoutMeLoud, talks about business model, funding status, people's responses, challenges and more.
1. Brief us about your business model like how did the idea came to start and how does it work (step by step procedure)?
ShoutMeLoud was founded in the year 2008, with a mission to help individual become their own boss. The brand offers latest tricks and trends in the digital space for individuals and agencies around the globe to excel in digital marketing. We also aim at helping brands to reach out to its right audience.
We, as a company have 3 step approach for brand partners:
- Define a goal and create a unique content strategy: Be it launching a new product or accelerating downloads, we work with our partner brands to understand the desired objectives. Our experts spend a hefty amount of time engaging with a product or service to identify how it can positively impact our audience.
- Bridging the knowledge gap: We focus on creating brand awareness by implementing a customized content strategy across digital platforms. We encourage conversations around your product or service, so that your ideal customers resonate with your product.
- Catalyzing brand advocates: Here’s when people fall in love with your brand and the magic happens. We build your reputation with reviews, articles and informational tips and tricks that go with the brand. This builds relationship, and in turn, drives organic content and sales.
2. What are the unique key points of your company?
- We change lives by empowering people to design a source of income that suits their needs.
- We teach anyone with the desire to learn how to leverage digital media and the platforms.
- We curate everything under one roof for our audience to master the ever-growing digital tool.
- We inspire confidence and encourage individuals to find their niche.
- We pave the way for creators to work smart and be efficient, and we’re the first to share our learnings with our audience.
3. What is the funding status and monetization model?
We are bootstrapped, and we use the latest in digital marketing technologies to monetize our online property. Some ways through which monetize are:
- Affiliate marketing
- ShoutUniversity: A structured online university to learn all things digital
- eBooks: We have a list of eBook that are being sold on Amazon and on our ShoutMeLoud store.
- Featured review: We review some of the cutting edge digital products, which brings almost 5% of revenue every month.
4. What challenges are you facing in running your business?
Embracing the latest in technology is always a challenge, but at the same time it is very rewarding. Even though we are thought leaders in our space, there is still so much to do in terms of integrating latest technologies. For example, personalized content offering is one of the areas we are exploring currently.
5. How has been the people`s response so far?
We now have over 1 million active subscribers, and their testimonials reflect how happy they are with our offerings. Our premium product ShoutUniversity is pretty new, and have paying customers who are thriving with our digital content.
6. What are the traction details (like users, app downloads & other achievements of the company)?
We get close to 1 million page views and about 86% of them discover us via search engine. Thanks to push notification technology, we could reach to 190K subscribers in real time.
We have won numerous prestigious awards in the past 12 years of operations. Mentioned below are a few:
- On 15th August 2013, ShoutMeLoud won India’s best tech blog award from Indiblogger.in
- In June 2014, Harsh Agarwal won the Entrepreneurship award from Sharda Group of colleges.
- In 2016, ShoutMeLoud won the Best Blog award.
- In 2017, ShoutMeLoud won the Best Indian Blogger awards.
7. How do you look at expansion?
We plan to partner with other digital marketing players in the industry to bring more online courses to our learning platform at ShoutUniversity. There are two rationales for the same:
- Bringing quality courses to ShoutUniversity: By bringing the best of learning from global pool would help bridge the gap between quality demand and supply.
- PPC: We are yet to explore PPC as a way to drive leads, and something which is going to be explored in Q1 2021.
8. What are your marketing plans?
We are focused on segmented lead generation, and some of the ways we plan to enhance our marketing are:
- Segmented email marketing: Generate leads via segmentation, and create drip feed for groups.
- Retargeting: Use Paid ads to retarget one time visitors to convert them subscribers.
- Webinars: Using webinars to educate users about the latest in digital tech.
- Influencer marketing: Explore influencer marketing as a medium to gain traction among new audience.
9. What has been the biggest learning’s so far?
Spending 12 years in this industry, one thing that we learnt is that there is no boundary in the online space, and this we enjoy pushing the limits of the online space to bring out the best.
Around The World