‘Cold pressed’ has become the in thing among the fashionable juice bars. But with good reason. Extracting juice using a technique that does not emit heat means it has been ‘cold pressed’ and that there is no heat that can destroy the nourishing enzymes, antioxidants and vitamin molecules.
One reason cold press juicers are hip at the moment among the nutrient-savvy? A cold pressed juicer does not separate the pulp and the juice and retaining all of the nutritional value. So when it comes to making juices, the Cold Press Juicer becomes the best in category for this purpose.
Dinesh Garg, executive vice president at TTK Prestige says, “The best thing to beat the heat this summer is to indulge in some home-made fresh juices. My favourite juice to beat the heat this summer is a Cucumber Cooler Juice.”
Here’s what goes into a Cucumber Cooler and 9 more tasty juice blasts TTK Prestigetold us about:
1. Cucumber Cooler Juice – A juice that is so simple that even a 12-year-old can make and it has been around for ages especially in India. A cool glass of chilled water, mint and some cucumber slices can bring down the body heat considerably.
2. Immune Booster Juice – During summers due to a variety of reasons people get sick very frequently. A healthy concoction of orange, ginger and lemon as the names suggests gives a huge boost to the immune system and keeps illnesses at bay.
3. Antioxidant Blast Juice – Had a drink too many on Friday night? Another drink next morning can work wonders. But unlike last night's drink it is a healthy mix of beet, strawberry and blueberry.
4. Ginger Zinger Juice – Mix of lemon, ginger and carrot will heal that runny nose, one gets due to excessive heat in summers. Make sure you down one glass when you are feeling under the weather.
5. Pineapple Paradise – Mix sweet pineapple, apple and orange for a fruity punch in the summer. The drink not only provides you with added nutrition but also cools you down.
6. Grape Juice – Another simple recipe to create during the summers is a glass of pulpy grape juice. The wonder drink cures one of all summer related issues and ailments and also has long term health benefits
7. Kiwi Juice – A fruit that is native to our neighbours, China, had been a fruit for the elite till now in our country. But now more people are lapping up the juicy fruit and doctors say the fruit has exceptional qualities even if had as a glass of cool juice.
8. Pomegranate Juice – Pomegranate has the power to cure all stomach ailments. This is your go-to cure for an upset stomach this summer.
9. Strawberry Juice – Considered to be one of the healthiest fruit in the world, a glass of strawberry juice is packed with antioxidants, vitamin C and K, potassium, folic acid, calcium, iodine, magnesium, and a dash of omega-3 fats dietitians swear by for glowing skin.
10. Apple Juice – An apple a day keeps the doctor away and a glass of apple juice a day keeps the summer at bay.