The 10 Books Mumbaikars Want in 60 Minutes According to Scootsy
When J K Rowling’s, The Cursed Child, was launched, Mumbaikars ordered from Scootsy because they knew they would have the book in a matter of hours.
Photo Credit : FabHotels,
Scootsy not only delivers food, they also deliver the gamut of essentials spanning from beauty to books, and fashion to SOS items. This logistics startup raised 3.6 million dollars in April this year to expand operations in their home base city of Mumbai, and what makes them really special is that all deliveries happen within 60 minutes of ordering.
Books in particular have been hot in demand for delivery. Sandeep Das, CEO of Scootsy said, “In 2015, we tied up with India Book Distributors (IBD) to deliver books to the city. Last year, we were the first to deliver copies of JK Rowling's, The Cursed Child, to Mumbaikars with pre-orders of over a 1,000 copies. The market potential for books is huge and we are proud to be the only organised player in Mumbai to deliver books across the city, in hours.”
Here are 10 books Mumbaikars are ordering the most:
1. Sita: Warrior of Mithila - The second book of the Ram Chandra series and based on the Ramayana, the story of Lady Sita is written by the multi-million bestselling Indian Author Amish, an author who transformed Indian fiction with his unique combination of mystery, mythology, religious symbolism and philosophy.
2. How to Win Friends and Influence People – This phenomenal bestseller has sold over 15 million copies worldwide and is still going strong. The book has been translated into 31 languages and is on Time magazine's list of the 100 most influential books of all time. Dale Carnegie offers practical and proven advice on how to deal with people and understand them in order to get along well with them to make your life more rewarding.
3. The Power of Your Subconscious Mind - In this book, the author fuses his spiritual wisdom and scientific research to bring to light how the subconscious mind can be a major influence on our daily lives. Once you understand your subconscious mind, you can also control or get rid of the various phobias that you may have to open yourself up to a brand new world of positive energy.
4. Adiyogi: The Source of Yoga - This extraordinary document is a tribute by a living yogi to Shiva, the Adiyogi. In this chronicle about a progenitor of mysticism, science and philosophy merge seamlessly; so do silence and sound, question and answer, to capture the unspeakable enigma of the Adiyogi in a spellbinding wave of words and ideas that will leave one entranced and transformed.
5. The Rise of Sivagami: Book 1 of Baahubali - Orphaned at a young age and wrenched away from her foster family, Sivagami is waiting for the day she can avenge the death of her beloved father, cruelly branded a traitor. Her enemy? None other than the king of Mahishmathi. With unflinching belief in her father's innocence, the fiery young orphan is driven to clear his name and destroy the empire of Mahishmathi against all odds.
6. The Art of Discarding: How to Get Rid of Clutter and Find Joy - Tatsumi's book 'Suteru Gijyutsu' or the Art of Discarding, was a sensation when it was published in Japan, selling 1 million copies in the first six months. In it, she argues that we need to learn to let go and tackle psychological issues that we have with getting rid of things. In particular a reluctance to discard things 'just in case' - the desire to hoard things and feel guilt about getting rid of things that were given as gifts.
7. Touch And Feel Playbook (The Very Hungry Caterpillar) - This children's picture book showcases the transformation of an unflattering caterpillar to a surreal butterfly. The book also discusses a butterfly's life cycle. This book has parents convinced that their kids will be lapping up the joy of visual learning.
8.The Namesake - The first novel by Jhumpa Kahiri describes the struggles and hardships of a Bengali couple who immigrate to the United States to form a life outside of everything they are accustomed to.
9.The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Movie Tie-in-Edition) – This is the second book in the international bestselling Hunger Games series.
10.The Spy - Told in Mata Hari’s voice through her final letter, The Spy is the unforgettable story of a woman who dared to defy convention and paid the ultimate price.
Around The World