The 2021 Global Startup Ecosystem Report (GSER) by Startup Genome and the Global Entrepreneurship Network was launched today at London Tech Week. The GSER is the world’s most comprehensive and widely read research on startups, with 280 entrepreneurial innovation ecosystems and 3 million startups analyzed. The report includes a ranking of the leading 140 ecosystems in the world, breakdowns by continent with regional insights, and founder-focused articles from thought leaders and experts around the world.
T-Hub, which leads India’s pioneering innovation ecosystem, worked closely with Startup Genome to highlight Telangana’s strengths against ecosystems globally.
Telangana’s standing in the #GSER2021 -
· Top 15 Asian Ecosystem in Affordable Talent—measures the ability to hire tech talent
· Top 30 Asian Ecosystem in Performance—measures the size and performance of an ecosystem based on the accumulated tech startup value created from exits and funding
· Top 30 Asian Ecosystem in Knowledge—measures innovation through research and patent activity
· Top 30 Asian Ecosystem in Talent & Experience—measures long term trends over the most significant performance factors and the ability to generate and keep talent in the ecosystem
· Created $1.6 billion in Ecosystem Value with $120 million in total early-stage funding over the last 2.5 years
· Recruitment assistance and performance grants are cited as the reasons a startup should move to Telangana
· The Life Sciences and AI, Big Data & Analytics sectors are highlighted for their density of talent, support resources, and startup activity
The 2021 GSER provides insights and guidance to public and private leaders on how to cultivate thriving startup ecosystems and support local startups — the #1 engine of job creation and economic growth. “Entrepreneurs, policymakers, and community leaders are working hard all over the world to build productive and inclusive technology ecosystems that are engines of economic growth and job creation for all,” said JF Gauthier, Founder & CEO of Startup Genome. “The Global Startup Ecosystem Report is the foundation of knowledge where we, as a global network, come together to identify what policies actually produce economic impact and in what context.”
Ravi Narayan, CEO of T-Hub, said, “It has been an exciting journey of Telangana’s emergence as a thriving startup state and it’s a proud moment winning a notable position in the largest global report for Innovation landscape. Acknowledgment is timely as we come out of the throes of the pandemic. Telangana’s consistent advancement in the global ranking is due to its vibrant startup ecosystem, and the perseverance shown by T-Hub and the Telangana innovation network partners, such as TSIC, WE HUB, TASK, RICH and T-Works.”