T-Hub and Facebook Announce Finalists of ‘India Innovation Hub Accelerator Program’
A cohort of nine start-ups focused on VR have been selected and each startup will get access to training, mentors, workshops, research, and Facebook’s VR Innovation lab located at T-Hub as a part of the three-month accelerator program.
T-Hub and Facebook today announced the first batch of winning start-ups, selected for their joint program “India Innovation Hub.” The program which was launched in November last year, aims to help start-ups focused on using emerging technologies by providing support and mentorship to accelerate their businesses in new and innovative ways. A cohort of nine start-ups focused on VR have been selected and each startup will get access to training, mentors, workshops, research, and Facebook’s VR Innovation lab located at T-Hub as a part of the three-month accelerator program.
Speaking on the occasion, Jay Krishnan, CEO, T-Hub said, “We have witnessed the recent growth of AR and VR and it has the potential to disrupt many areas. Our program with Facebook has discovered startups leveraging AR and VR technologies in such areas like healthcare, HR and enterprises training, enriching customer experience and enterprise analytics. We are excited to help these startups scale up to global markets through our bespoke accelerator program with Facebook.”
“As the startup ecosystem of emerging technologies is taking an optimistic shape in India, we are dedicated towards setting them up for success by providing the mentorship and access to the right tools & technology for scaling their businesses. We are excited to be part of this ecosystem and can’t wait to see how these nine startups scale their innovation.” added Satyajeet Singh, Head - Strategic Product Partnerships, India & South Asia, Facebook said.
Selected from 20 shortlisted applications that presented to a jury comprised of subject matter experts from Facebook, T-Hub, and external industry members, the participants were reviewed based on quality of technology solution, product/solution readiness, possible impact in the vertical etc. amongst others. The nine chosen startups include:
· Dimension NXG
· GMETRI Studios
· Highir Technologies
· Innov4Sight Health and Biomedical Systems
· Loop Reality
· Merxius Software
· Parallel XR
· Scapic Innovations
The selected startups have the potential to boost innovation ecosystem and are working on projects in the domains varying from Healthtech to Industrial Manufacturing, Education to Corporate Learning & Development among many others. With an intent to support a new generation of Indian startups, this cohort of startups as part of India Innovation Hub program will get:
· An opportunity to work and scale up under the aegis of Facebook. The startups selected through this program will work with subject matter experts, mentors, and coaches from both Facebook and T-Hub, to collaborate and prioritize the solution. All interventions will happen at T-Hub.
· An invaluable opportunity to seek feedback on the prioritized solution and showcase it to key executives of Facebook and T-Hub during the ‘Demo Day’ at T-Hub.
· If mutual interest established, further collaboration options between cohort startups and Facebook would be discussed.
· Qualified startups will be directly accepted to the FbStart program.
· Access to T-Hub’s network of mentors, industry experts, investors, service providers, and community/ecosystem.