Meet 5 Indian Startup Accelerators Who are Supporting Startups to Create Benchmark
Bosch's has started its own Start-up Accelerator program ‘DNA’ wherein 'D' stands for Discovering startups, 'N' for Nurturing them and then 'A' for Align.
Photo Credit : ShutterStock,
A startup accelerator is built to foster rapid growth of its portfolio companies. It acts as a catalyst for creating exciting learning opportunities and habits for the future generations. These are great for entrepreneurs, granting them access to resources such as mentorship, co working space, pitching to venture capitalists (VCs), business management and customer acquisition, marketing, scaling up business and much more. The ultimate goal of accelerators is to create success tactics of fast-growing startups. As per a report by NASSCOM on ‘Indian Start-up Ecosystem Maturing – Edition 2016’ there are about 140 + startup Accelerators/ Incubators in India. With impetus from the government and corporate, accelerators are witnessing over 40% growth YoY growth (as on 2016).
Here’s a list of unique Indian Startup accelerators who are supporting startups to create benchmark in their respective fields.
1. DesignGild: DesignGild is India’s first design focused accelerator, set up by MIT Institute of Design. DesignGild is an ecosystem that will provide high-quality design mentorship and resources to passionate individuals and teams to create Design-led business. It will offer strategic design consulting, mentorship of design co-founders and hands-on design services to enable seamless integration of Design in business. This design focused accelerator will support the selected startups to convert innovative ideas into valuable business propositions. DesignGild is a sector-agnostic, stage-agnostic ecosystem. Startups from any sector and stage are eligible to apply. The primary objective of this accelerator is to bring high quality Design to the start-up ecosystem. DesignGild will enable start-ups to leverage the power of design to create meaningful products, services and experiences for the end users.
2. Bosch DNA: Bosch's has started its own Start-up Accelerator program ‘DNA’ wherein 'D' stands for Discovering startups, 'N' for Nurturing them and then 'A' for Align. ‘Discover’ is the starting phase to find startups in relevant defined scope areas which are of interest to Bosch. We schedule pitch days, hackathons and tech events to find relevant startups. ‘Nurture’ is an intensive accelerated growth program for startups to help build capabilities and scale of startups from "Lab to Market". ‘Align’ is for defining and structuring the engagement from joint go to market approach as purely supplier - customer partnership to investments. Bosch DNA is working on disruptive solutions in the areas of: Aerospace, Agritech, Mobility, Energy, Medtech or Smart Cities and provides 18 weeks intensive program. Selected startups get the chance to work in world class environment with mentoring provided by top Bosch experts in technology including the defined scope areas as well as in product design, operations, financing etc.
3. NUMA Bengaluru: Since 16 years, NUMA accelerates startups, supports corporate and public institutions in their innovative projects and hosts hundreds of events on various topics about tomorrow’s world. Recently, NUMA decided to go global and opened branches in several cities around the world, including Bengaluru. It provides top-quality mentoring, meetings with resident experts and entrepreneurs dedicated to your success. They have more than 50 mentors are on hand to assist startups, including EdTech, FoodTech, IoT, eCommerce, Virtual Reality, FashionTech and Tourism. NUMA Bengaluru has accelerated 9 startups since 2015.
4. GE Healthcare’s 5.8: GE Healthcare has started healthtech-focused startup accelerator five.eight. 5.8 billion - a figure that GE healthcare wants to reach. These are the number of people who need access to good quality healthcare and treatment procedures. Partnering with Unitus Fund, Acumen, Aavishkar-Intellecap Group, and Villgro, It is the first healthcare accelerator by the $18 billion GE Healthcare division. The programme will focus on startups post Series A funding. The team is looking to fund up to $5 million per startup from GE Healthcare, for the accelerator programme. GE Healthcare is looking at companies that have a proven model and market strategy. Being in India, they will have a partial focus towards Indian startups even if it is a global accelerator.
5. Barclay’s Accelerator - Powered by Techstars, the Barclays Accelerator is a 13-week programme run by a full-time, dedicated Techstars team. It is a unique programme designed to take startup business further and they are a Fintech-focused and overflowing with opportunities. Successful applicants will gain invaluable insights from some of the smartest minds in the start-up and FinTech worlds. Startups will be provided with mentoring from leading entrepreneurs and FinTech industry experts. They will get an access to technical expertise in a dynamic and collaborative community working space with cutting-edge resources. Startups with capability in machine learning, lending, digital banking solutions, trading, cyber security, data analytics, payments, crypto currency, insurance, wealth management and beyond can apply for Barclay’s accelerator programme.
Around The World