Livspace Announces Plan to Create 30,000 ‘Design Entrepreneurs’ in India
The $25 Billion home design industry in India is plagued with the challenges of fragmentation. With this announcement, Livspace is also inviting a select set of interior designers and studios to join the ‘Livspace Home Design Partner Programme’ which will be currently available in metros.
Livspace, Indian online home design company, today announced the launch of the world’s first ‘Home Design Automation Platform’. The platform approach is a first in the home design business in the country and combines the power of end-to-end design automation and eCommerce integration to transform the lives of designers and experience of consumers. The platform enables interior designers to design better and faster, earn up to 6 times more, and become ‘design entrepreneurs’. Initial beta tests reveal that certified designers who use the platform to design are 400-600% faster than their counterparts who work with traditional software and digital tools.
The $25 Billion home design industry in India is plagued with the challenges of fragmentation. With this announcement, Livspace is also inviting a select set of interior designers and studios to join the ‘Livspace Home Design Partner Programme’ which will be currently available in metros. The programme is a holistic offering comprising of access to unlimited customer leads, free usage of the design automation platform, Livspace studios, an eCommerce store and project management support to design beautiful homes in 12 weeks. Designers can sign up and apply to the program at www.livspace.com/designpartners.
The design automation platform will also contribute to significantly enhancing the customer experience as far as home designing goes. Homeowners can now experience the end-to-end Livspace home design service, get access to the best designers across geographies, collaborate more effectively with designers and on top of that, enjoy the best ecommerce experience in the country. Livspace’s pioneering end-to-end home design experience has helped it grow by more than ten times in less than a year. The company expects the platform to drive another 3-5 times the growth over the next 12 months and cement its position as the top player in the home design ecosystem.
Founded by Anuj Srivastava and Ramakant Sharma, Livspace is home to India’s biggest community of home design enthusiasts (over 600 thousand) and India’s largest community of home designers. Speaking about the platform, Anuj Srivastava, CEO and Co-founder of Livspace, said, “Our platform is inspired by some of the most popular technology platforms worldwide in the on-demand transport, travel accommodation, and mobile industry in terms of its potential, capabilities and sophistication. The inherent fragmentation in the interior design industry limits business scale, earnings potential, and consistent customer experience. With Livspace, designers can now become entrepreneurs and enjoy the benefits of the conversation-centric, platform driven, eCommerce economy.”
Livspace is funded by Helion Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners and Jungle Ventures. In the first year of its launch, Livspace made three acquisitions – DezignUp, Dwll.in, YoFloor and launched an exclusive line of Modular Kitchen and Wardrobe systems. Vishal Gupta, Managing Director, Bessemer Venture Partners, added, “Livspace is one of the most innovative teams in the Indian start-up space today and they are introducing technology disruption and eCommerce scale to the very large underserved industry. The platform approach with its many innovations is the right strategy to empower designers to become entrepreneurs.”
About ‘Home Design Automation Platform’
● Create mood boards and design concepts at 10 times the speed to give faster service and choice to customers: Designers can access an algorithm-driven library of thousands of editable concepts— by style, room, color, price—import, edit and combine concepts, or create bespoke mood boards in a matter of minutes. These can then be shared with customers in an automated presentation over phone or web.
● Generate automatically created invoices for customers: Creating complete, accurate invoices is the bane of this industry. The platform integrates the design concepts with the Livspace eCommerce catalogue of over 10,000 SKUs of products and services. As a result, an automatic, itemized invoice is generated with every concept.
● Take designs from 2D to 3D at the click of a button, and create multiple walkthroughs automatically: With the Livspace platform, designers can get single, free, online, and easy-to-use tool which replaces several design software, saving time, and licensing fee.
● Organize all projects and customer conversations in your digital assistant: The digital assistant allows designers to access quality leads, reminds them about upcoming meetings, shows project progress, and stores all conversations all in one intuitive place.
● Get access to thousands of home design products and services on the eCommerce store: Designers can discover thousands of furniture products, decor accessories, modular kitchens, wardrobes and storages, and turnkey home design services. Designers get products from reliable vendors with transparent prices and warranties.
Around The World