These from Quora user named, Ashwin Swaminathan (Entrepreneur-in-Making):
1. Have you heard of the entrepreneur bragging to his grandchildren: "I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left."
2. One entrepreneur is explaining to another how he got into business.
3. "I was afraid to go out on my own, but my former boss gave me a jump start by telling me the most encouraging two words in my life. One day he came into my office and said "You're fired."
4. A young entrepreneur had just started his own firm. He rented a beautiful office and had it furnished with antiques. Sitting there, he saw a man come into the outer office. Wishing to appear the hot shot, the entrepreneur picked up the phone and started to pretend he had a big deal working.
He threw huge figures around and made giant commitments. Finally he hung up and asked the visitor, “Can I help you?”
The man said, “Yeah, I’ve come to activate your phone lines.”
This from a Quora user who goes by, Anonymous on the ingenuity of entrepreneurs:
5. "If a product fails, entrepreneur[s] calls it [a] beta version."
This line from Quora user Alkesh Sinha, IIT Kanpur:
6. Dear Optimist, Pessimist and Realist,
While you guys were arguing about the glass of water being half full or half empty. I drank it.
Sincerely, The Opportunist
Another from Quora user Navin Kabra:
7. The hard part of an entrepreneur’s job is to figure out how to sell the wheel after re-inventing it.
[disclaimer from same user - (basic idea shamelessly stolen from @DEVOPS_BORAT on twitter)]
This brutal one liner from Quora user Abhishek Tripathi:
8. What do you call a really HOT girl at a Startup? [A] Visitor.
To wrap things up, this one about Sequoia from TechCrunch:
9. Q: How many users do you have? A: Users? This machine prints money. We don’t have any users. Q: So you don’t have any traction yet? A: The machine works. I can prove it to you. Q: Who else has invested? A: No one yet, you are the first person we talked to. Q: Did Sequoia pass? A: No, we didn’t speak with them. Q: Why did Sequoia pass?