Javascript on your browser is not enabled.


India-based Vahdam Teas Raises $1.4M in Series A Funding

Mr. Kanwaljit Singh of Fireside Ventures will be taking a board seat in the company.


Global direct-to-consumer tea brand, Vahdam Teas has raised $1.4 million in Series A round led by Fireside Ventures. Current investors including Singapore Angel Network, Mumbai Angels and a few other HNIs also participated in the round.

Mr. Kanwaljit Singh of Fireside Ventures will be taking a board seat in the company.

With this investment, the total capital raised by Vahdam Teas, which had earlier this year raised it’s seed round, stands at $ 2 million.

The Delhi based company, which gets 100% of it’s sales online and primarily through it’s website, has grown 7x in the last 12 months & plans to use the fresh funds to further focus on marketing, product development & strengthen warehousing & logistics in it’s key market, USA.

It currently gets 70% of it’s revenue from USA & the remaining 30% from over 83 countries across the world.

Vahdam Teas is disrupting the supply chain of tea, by making available premium garden fresh to consumers across the world in the shortest periods of time, by leveraging technology, cutting out all unnecessary middlemen & launching innovative packaging formats.

The teas do not travel in containers for months before being packaged and sold. All the teas are procured direct from plantations and tea growers within 24-72 hours of production, packaged garden fresh and shipped directly from source in India.

Bala Sarda, 26, Founder, Vahdam Teas, says, “Over the last 2 years, we have worked very hard in setting up an efficient supply chain, right from the estates of India to our consumers in USA & other parts of the world, with a sole vision to make available the freshest cup of tea to consumers by leveraging technology. And, we have been receiving phenomenal feedback from consumers across the world. And, we plan to now further penetrate our key markets with customer acquisition & marketing. It is an honour to have Fireside Ventures come on board, with their massive experience in building consumer brands.”

Mr. Kanwaljit Singh of Fireside Ventures says, “We are very excited to partner with Bala and Vahdam Teas. India is well known globally as a producer of the finest Teas and it’s heartening to see a young brand and a young, dynamic entrepreneur leading the charge to showcase the best of Indian Teas to consumers across the world. Vahdam Teas has built a great supply chain & traction in the last 2 years and we are privileged to join him in this journey and hope to help build an iconic Indian brand that’s enjoyed by consumers across the world.”

Tags assigned to this article:
Vahdam Teas

Around The World