Homes Get Smarter with Artificial Intelligence (AI)
AI or Artificial Intelligence is the most recent and advanced form of technology that has the potential to transform the human way of working as we know it. With its ability to augment human capabilities, its potential impact on various industries like Banking, automobile, Finance, service industry etc. is already a topic of discussion globally.
With the advent of Technology a lot has changed around us. This includes our style of living. Gadgets which were seen only in Hollywood Sci-fi movies are now a reality. Our time has witnessed many changes, thanks to technology. What was once a dream has now become a reality.
AI or Artificial Intelligence is the most recent and advanced form of technology that has the potential to transform the human way of working as we know it. With its ability to augment human capabilities, its potential impact on various industries like Banking, automobile, Finance, service industry etc. is already a topic of discussion globally. In fact, I believe with AI, the bourgeoning online interior décor sector will become more interesting.
Conventionally, designing our DREAM HOME required expertise of an Interior Designer. Consumer had to accept their suggestions or their style of design that may/may not be in accordance to their idea of dream home. Then came 3D Max and other softwares where one could see the artistic impression of their home.
Now, with so much advancement in technology, it is possible for customer to choose from various design options before zeroing on the final look which is closest to their liking. And today, with AI, home designing has also become fun. There are many companies which are working tirelessly to make your home smart using AI. A smart home can be defined as:
- Where home keeps itself weather-proof. Research has suggested that human productivity can be increased in optimum temperature. Using artificial intelligence we can control temperature of our home which works best for us.
- There are smart thermostat that uses artificial intelligence to help you save on your electricity bill and the environment. It uses deep learning to find out how you use air conditioning and heating to optimize for minimum electricity use. It also provides smart features like ensuring your house is at the right temperature when you get home from work.
- A smart security system to monitor your home. It uses a smart camera which uses motion sensing and artificial intelligence to monitor your home. If it senses any motion it immediately notifies your smartphone with a real-time video, so you can take action accordingly.
- Where one could place furniture, paint, art effect, lighting etc. virtually in their home and then decide which furniture or design best suits their décor. With technology one can see decide the colour scheme that will go well with chosen furniture in a virtual environment. It helps in making informed decisions.
- Technology has also eliminated manual measuring. With laser technology combined with high-end lenses and support app one can measure home in just a blink of an eye. These apps are also useful in making artistic impression of your home which can maximize space utility.
- Artificial intelligence can also read the pattern of the usage of light, electrical appliances, food habits of the user, comfortable temperature etc. of the user and help the resident to cook the food, switching on the lights. It also control access of unauthorized person.
- In coastal areas people tend to have breathing problem such as asthma due to humidity, using technology we can control humidity in our home. Artificial intelligence can help in storing data and personalizing air requirement of the resident. It can also control humidity. Artificial intelligence along with medical history of the resident can create huge data which can be used for medical research.
- Conventionally people see show flat and the project miniature to understand how the entire real estate would be developed. Using artificial intelligence complete miniature can be built in virtual world and home buyer can take a virtual tour of it.
- They can walk into the property, can see all the floors of the property. View from each floor of the property can also be virtually made.
Artificial intelligence is a relatively new concept which is catching eyeballs globally. Enterprises have already begun to invest in AI given its long term impact on human productivity and amazing results. Countries like UAE have appointed a minister of Artificial Intelligence, an acknowledgement by the Arab world that such technologies are going to shape the future economy around the world.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in the article above are those of the authors' and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publishing house
Around The World