It’s Monday, it’s getting cold, and the year is almost over. So what other reasons do you need to kick back for 5 minutes and laugh a bit. Disclaimer: None of it’s meant to offend any person or dead alive, similarities to any person dead or alive is unintentional too.
Sarcastic lines on how entrepreneurs are eternally broke
1. Have you heard of the entrepreneur bragging to his grandchildren: "I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left." Courtesy Quora.com user Ashwin Swaminathan
2. Man 1: Frank, my friend said, he is a serial entrepreneur. What does that mean?
Man 2: Serial entrepreneur means he wants to burn money in startups like on horse races or [perpetually] struggle for success like a [never ending] TV serial
3. Kid: Dad, I would like to start a startup with my friends. I need 6,000,000 from you. We have a very good idea.
The wise father: 22 years ago I asked my dad the same thing. He encouraged me, that’s why we have a 2BHK flat now. Otherwise we used to have a big bungalow. So I don’t want to make the same mistake again.
Sarcastic lines on how investors don’t understand how to nurture startups
4. Boy: I will build something more beautiful than Taj Mahal for you. Let that be my startup.
Girl: Thank you, dear, but please don’t involve any investors.
Off beat humor on funding squandering and delays (we got two birds with one joke here)
5. Boy: Darling once we get funding for our startup I will buy a car for you.
Girl: I have been hearing this for the past one year
On the long, tedious process of product development
6. Jerry’s friend: Jerry, what are you doing?
Jerry: I’m trying to develop something I can sell for 50 billion dollars after a decade
A few startup work culture jokes (only funny to those who don’t know what it’s like to work in one)
7. Employee 1: I believe you don’t like your lead but why are you praying for his promotion as a manager?
Employee 2: Because nowadays managers are getting fired first at corporations
8. Startup CEO: Team, work hard for next one year. We are planning to allocate shares, big package, facilities and a lot more.
Team: Sir, how about this month’s salary?
9. Steve is a 40 year old corporate.
HR while firing Steve: Hi Steve, enough of your services to the company, thank you.
Steve: Oh god, I have to start a startup now
On wanting to become an entrepreneur in general
10. Teacher: What do you want to be when you grow up? Kid: I want to be an entrepreneur Teacher: A what?
Jokes apart, it’s one of the best things you can do with your life. Good day, folks.