GoDaddy Launches New Website Builder and Marketing Campaign for Small Businesses in India
• Mobile friendly website builder to help small businesses and entrepreneurs grow their ventures online • Create a powerful website in under an hour, available free for one month
Andrew Low Ah Kee, Executive Vice President, GoDaddy International
GoDaddy, the cloud platform dedicated to small, independent ventures, today announced the launch of GoDaddy’s new Website Builder combining a mobile optimized website builder with an integrated set of marketing and e-commerce tools, making it easy for small businesses in India to attract visitors and drive results.
Easy to use and affordable, the new website builder enables a small business, to design a fully functional and professional website in just under an hour with no technical expertise, even using their smartphone. GoDaddy’s new Website Builder features an integrated suite of online tools to help small businesses and entrepreneurs create an audience for their business and drive traffic to their website. Considering that internet access in India is mobile-first, websites created on GoDaddy’s new Website Builder are built from the ground up to be fully responsive on phones and tablets, in addition to laptops and desktops. Customers can choose from more than 1,500 ideas or industries with robust support from GoDaddy’s award-winning customer care to assist customers, as they build out their digital presence.
According to a recent GoDaddy survey in India, small businesses perceive setting up a website and selling online to be complex and something that requires deep technical expertise. GoDaddy’s new Website Builder enables users to design a professional looking website by simply typing in their name and industry or an idea, and get a near-complete website, populated with relevant sections and professional images. Powered by smart algorithms and machine learning, the website builder helps customers with continuous activity updates and ways to improve results and evolve their businesses throughout their lifecycles.
“GoDaddy’s new Website Builder is an innovative website building solution that is fundamentally changing the approach to website creation and is helping customers get noticed, reach larger audiences, and help drive sales,” said Andrew Low Ah Kee, Executive Vice President, GoDaddy International. “In India, over 34 million small businesses are still offline as a result of the belief that they need technical expertise and not yet recognizing benefits of being visible online. GoDaddy’s new Website Builder is designed to help small businesses in India create a professional online identity with ease, helping to grow their business online.”
Key features of the new Website Builder:
• Easy to get started: Fully responsive and easy to use, the new Website Builder ensures a mobile friendly experience that lets small businesses focus on achieving their goals, rather than worry about the site designs. Its intuitive user interface helps anyone, from a restaurant owner or a home entrepreneur to a design beginner, to easily customize and update their sites on the go. The new website builder lets you publish the website with instant auto-SSL encryption ensuring easy setup process.
• Smart algorithms and machine learning: The website builder surfaces insights and actions for the users to help them achieve their goals. For instance, upon logging in, customers receive engagement and activity updates to improve results in a dashboard view. Advice ranging from attaching their website to a social network to developing a geographic-targeted Facebook advertising campaign will be shared with the users to amplify their online presence and reach more audiences to drive real results.
• Online store to grow ventures: With online shoppers in India set to cross 100 million mark in 2017 , the ability to be able to trade online is most important of any small business. GoDaddy’s new Website Builder’s integrated Online Store includes everything needed to set up an ecommerce platform, with a focus on driving sales. New improvements allow customers to make purchases swiftly with a streamlined mobile checkout with reduced taps and swipes. GoDaddy’s Website Builder’s integrated product and inventory management capability helps in further simplifying the selling experience.
• Integrated marketing solutions: The new Website Builder with integrated marketing features enables small businesses to quickly improve their Google search rankings and help jumpstart email marketing campaigns. This means even those with no email marketing experience can powerfully engage with both existing and potential customers.
• Social media integration: Social integration allows users to link their website to Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms, integrating social media capabilities into their marketing campaigns.
The new Website Builder is available in four different pricing options following a one month free trial:
• Personal - INR 99/month
• Business - INR 479/month
• Business Plus - INR 679/month
• Online Store - INR 999/month
The company has also launched a new integrated marketing campaign focused on educating Indian small businesses on the value of going beyond traditional marketing and the importance of being visible on the Internet. The integrated campaign includes television commercials being launched in five regional languages, and drives home a simple message - ‘Internet ko kaam pe lagao’ or “Make the internet work for you”.
The Campaign storyline focuses on two established small business owners, both using traditional means of business promotion such as business cards, branded packaging and other conventional marketing elements, to promote their brand. The television commercial captures the business owner’s desire for increased results from their traditional marketing approaches and leaves them wanting for more. They decide to make the internet work for them and go on to quickly build a professional online identity to help get more customers and drive sales.
“The new campaign picks on the insight of small business owners using traditional means to promote their business. Often, these traditional ways of marketing are limited in the impact they make and that’s what we showcase in the TV commercials. The campaign reinforces that with a strong digital presence, small business owners have an opportunity to be more visible and potentially grow their business,” said Nidhi Hola, Senior Director - Marketing, GoDaddy India.
Around The World