Javascript on your browser is not enabled.

Advertisement

ChrysCapital Marks Its 10th Investment, Invests $20M in Curatio

ChrysCapital which has raised $3.2 billion across seven funds, has returned $5 billion to investors through 65 profitable exits.

Photo Credit : ShutterStock,

ChrysCapital, the largest private equity investor, which had earlier backed pharma companies, including Eris Lifesciences, Intas Pharma, Mankind Pharma, Torrent Pharma and Zydus Cadila, has now invested $20M in Chennai-based dermatology products maker Curatio Healthcare for a minority stake. This is ChrysCapital's tenth investment in the Indian pharmaceutical sector. 

Curatio aims to utilise the latest funding to accelerate its growth plans. 

Curatio, which was founded in 205, is a pharmaceutical dermatology company specializing in providing skin care, baby care & hair care solutions. The company has a team force of 550 employees. It has also started entering in global markets with a presence in the Philippines, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh.

Venture capital fund Sequoia Capital currently holds about 33% stake in Curatio Healthcare while promoter G.K. Ramani and Fulcrum Venture India together holds the rest (67%). With this latest funding round, Fulcrum has made a partial exit while Ramani has diluted his stake.

ChrysCapital which has raised $3.2 billion across seven funds, has returned $5 billion to investors through 65 profitable exits.


Tags assigned to this article:
chryscapital Curatio

Around The World

Advertisement