13 Indian IoT Startups to Watch Out For
IoT is a buzz word and an increasingly important area of tech development. Even the government is paying attention to the development of IoT startups in India to enable rapid adoption of the technology so that India can one day leverage an advanced position be it as a consumer market or a tech hub.
Photo Credit : The Indian Express, eragon.einfochips.com,
Around July 2016, as part of the Digital India program launch, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the launch of The Centre of Excellence (CoE) for IoT in Bangalore.
The Centre of Excellence for IoT is a joint venture by National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM), Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY) and Education and Research Network (ERNET), the CoE will be run on a Public Private Partnership (PPP) model with seed fund from the government and is managed by NASSCOM.
When we asked NASSCOM for some promising IoT Indian startups they told us about these. (But in no way is this an exhaustive list!)
1. Stellapps Technologies (Bangalore) - SmartFarm herd management ; Dairy farm optimization and monitoring services including cold chain management and automated milking
2. Smart Buildings (Bangalore) - Energy conservation, management and monitoring in building
3. iBot (Hyderabad) - Builds meta-products called connected processors to connect current generation machine to one another
4. TartanSense (Bangalore) - Drones for Agriculture Monitoring; already has international clientele
5. Cooey (Bangalore) - End to end health monitoring and aggregating platform allowing you to connect with healthcare services
6. Carnot Technologies (Mumbai) - SOS, car health, locate, self-learning
7. Eruvaka Technologies (Vijaywada) - Pond management using sensors and apps
8. Sensegiz (Belgaum) - Smart Tags to find people or things. They make a wearable watch to track and send alerts in case of emergency
9. Locanix (Gujrat) - Real time tracking, trace history, geo-fence, complete vehicle monitoring
10. Uncanny Vision (Bangalore) - Ultra Fast On-Device Computer Vision Library for Mobile & Embedded
11. Lightmetrics (Bangalore) - Monitors driving quality accurately using smartphone sensors
12. Minio Technologies (Mumbai) - Developing toys which can connect to a social network for interaction
13. Dazl (Gurgaon) - Devloping wearables
Around The World