2. Xiaomi which has filed for an initial public offering in Hong Kong last month, is now aiming to raise only $6.1 billion and the valuation may now plummet to $53.9 billion in the IPO. The company was initially planning to raise around $10 billion that would increase its value to a high of $100 billion.
3. The CEO of Malaysian government-owned Cradle Fund, Nazrin Hassan, has lost his life in a smartphone explosion. According to reports, two of his smartphones - BlackBerry and Huawei were kept on charge next to his bedside and one of them exploded.
4. Nokia has inked a five-year global IT infrastructure and application services deal with Indian IT firm HCL Technologies.
5. Intel CEO Brian Krzanich has resigned, effective immediately, after a probe revealed that a past consensual relationship with an Intel employee violated company policy.
6. Amazon India is now looking to strengthen its logistics capabilities with geotagging and new age technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning.
9. Udacity, the Silicon Valley-based lifelong learning platform, announces launch of career-ready Blockchain Developer Nanodegree Program.
10. SEBI has relaxed IPO norms to allow companies to announce the price band two days before an offering.
11. Union Minister Suresh Prabhu has now asked Tamil Nadu government to release its startup policy framework to increase the number of jobs.
12. Bengaluru-based bike rental platform Wicked Ride has secured $8.98 million (Rs 60.9 Cr) in a fresh funding round led by venture capital firms Sequoia Capital and Accel Partners.
13. Indian government is launching a data platform to aggregate skilling data from all central ministries, states and corporates.
14. Tesla has slapped a $1 million lawsuit against one of its former employees for allegedly stealing company's confidential trade data and transferring it to third parties.
15. Facebook-owned application Instagram has now launched the Instagram Television (IGTV) that allows users to watch short and long-form videos. Users can also create their own channel and post videos for the Instagram audience.