Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today. Read a brief description about all of them:
1. SenseTime, the world’s highest-valued AI company with a valuation of over $4.5 billion, has raised a further $620 million in series-C-plus funding led by Fidelity International, Hopu Capital, Silver Lake and Tiger Global. The company raised $600 million last month in an Alibaba-led financing round.
2. Nokia said on Thursday it had sold its small digital health business, including activity trackers and smartwatches.
3. Digital payments startup PhonePe is clocking monthly transactions of nearly $2 billion and has about 30 million bank accounts connected with its mobile application.
4. Online marketplace CoinTribe has raised $10 million in a Series-B round of funding led by private equity fund Sabre Partners. Read More...
5. Japan's SoftBank Group will invest $2.25 billion in General Motors' autonomous vehicle unit Cruise, the companies said on Thursday.
6. Payments company FreeCharge co-founder Kunal Shah has raised $30 million for his upcoming venture from a clutch of investors led by Sequoia Capital.
7. Snapdeal has set-up a travel store that helps buyers with travel necessities at affordable prices.
8. Chinese smartphone maker Coolpad is open to moving Indian courts against rival Xiaomi over patent infringement, after the company filed seven such cases in China in two different courts since January this year.
9. Bangalore-based Cytecare Hospitals Pvt Ltd, a cancer care provider, on Thursday has raised its $31 million Series A round, which saw participation from global investment bank Goldman Sachs.
10. Samsung India crossed the Rs 50,000-crore sales milestone in 2016-17 as per the just-published company filings with the Registrar of Companies (RoC).
11. Maharashtra’s heritage city Aurangabad Police demanded that the online shopping portal Flipkart should be banned over selling illegal weapons. The Aurangabad Police have seized 28 weapons including swords, choppers, knives, kukris, and guptis, etc, which were purchased from Flipkart’s online website.
12. Amazon Seller Services, the main marketplace business of Amazon in India, saw its losses grow by 31% in FY17, reaching Rs 4,830 crore from Rs 3,679 crore the year before.
13. Music streaming app Gaana has launched voice assistant feature for its over 60 million monthly active users.
14. China’s leading online food delivery platform, Ele.me has been given the green light by authorities to operate in the country’s initial delivery routes for drones.