2. Education technology company Unacademy is raising a Series C round of $25-30 million led by Sequoia Capital India along with other investors, reported ET. The round may value the company around $100 million.
3. Cashify, an online marketplace for used smartphones and electronics, has onboarded Chinese recommerce giant AiHuiShou as a strategic investor and partner as it looks to expand internationally.
4. Alibaba-backed food and grocery retailer BigBasket is facing court proceedings for infringing ‘Royal’ trademark owned by Tea maker Girnar Food and Beverages.
5. Cisco plans to spend at least $200 million (Rs 1,351.7 crore) on startup investments globally, including India, this year.
6. India’s auto component giant Bharat Forge has made a strategic investment of about Rs.90 crores in a British and Israeli electric truck company, Tevva Motors.
7. Using Paytm Inbox, users will now be able to access in-app content across categories such as Live TV, News, Cricket, Entertainment Videos, and Games on the go, for free.
8. The Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) has said in a letter to Finance Minister Piyush Goyal that the Walmart-Flipkart deal would be “cancerous” for the Indian retail industry.