#TodayDeals: Times Internet Acquires Video Platform MX Player, Temasek to Invest $250M in IT Services Firm UST Global & More
UST Global, a digital transformation solutions company, has raised $250 million from Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund Temasek and marked its entry into unicorn club.
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today. Read a brief description about all of them:
2. Ecommerce delivery platform WOW Express has raised $4.5 million (about Rs 30 crore) from existing investor including, Tamarind Family Private Trust of the Mansukhani family, the co-promoters of Mirc Electronics, which owns consumer durables brand Onida.
3. UST Global, a digital transformation solutions company, has raised $250 million from Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund Temasek and marked its entry into unicorn club.
5. The defence ministry has specified new rules for homegrown startups to take part in military projects. Under the new rules, startups recognised by the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP) under certain categories will automatically qualify to take part in specified defence projects range from aeronautics, nanotechnology and Virtual Reality to renewable technology, robotics, green technology and internet of things.
6. SoftBank-backed adtech firm InMobi is in talks to serve ads on Microsoft’s search engine Bing globally as the technology company looks to increase its market share
7. Google has added Telugu language support for its advertising products - Google Adwords and Google AdSense.
8. Facebook is ending a program launched in 2014 to build a fleet of solar-powered Aquila drones that could deliver internet to underserved areas of the world.
9. Tiger Global-backed Delhi-based company Roposo (now Roposo- TV by the People) had posted a loss of Rs 30.96 crore in the fiscal year 2016-17 against the revenue of Rs 1.29 crore in the same fiscal.
10. India Zebpay is asking their users to withdraw money before the deadline as RBI mandate to ban crypto-related businesses by July 5.
11. Senior government officials have refused to use electric cars made by Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd and Tata Motors Ltd citing poor performance and low mileage, reported LiveMint.
12. Mumbai-based WazirX has now launched P2P crypto transfer solution to help crypto enthusiasts continue buying and selling of cryptocurrencies.
13. Wholesome Habits Pvt. Ltd, which sells healthy snack bars under the brand name Eat Anytime, has raised $500,000 (Rs 3.43 crore) in seed funding from early-stage investment firm Sprout Venture Partners and a few high-net-worth individuals, reported VCCircle.
16. Billion, the personal Make In India, private label project of Flipkart co-founder Sachin Bansal, has now been rolled into the overall private brands business of the online retailer, reported LiveMint.
17. Tech-enabled, full stack QSR start-up Charcoal Eats today announced its foray into Chennai market with an Express outlet on Chamiers Road. The company has plans to open 9 more outlets comprising Dine-In and Express formats across the city.
18. India & USA based cyber security solutions provider, TAC Security has announced a new platform ESOF (Enterprise Security on One Framework) for organizations to manage their entire IT security and risk assessment needs in one single platform.
19. Bus aggregation platform Shuttl is set to raise $11 million (around Rs 76 crore) in a fresh round of funding from a clutch of investors including Amazon, reported VCCircle.
20. Google is launching a new four-month training programme called Indie Games Accelerator for gaming startups and developers in South-East Asia including India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
21. Financial marketplace BankBazaar expands its personal loan category with the launch of short-term personal loan products, in a partnership with two of the key players in the arena, CASHe and EarlySalary.
Around The World