#TodayDeals: SoftBank Agrees to Sell Its 23.6% Stake in Flipkart & More
SoftBank has reportedly finally agreed to sell its 23.6% stake in the Indian eCommerce major Flipkart.
Photo Credit : ShutterStock,
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today. Read a brief description about all of them:
1. Milkbasket.com raises $7M in Series A funding led by Kalaari Capital. Read More...
2. NewsDog Raises $50M in a Tencent-Led Series C Financing Round. Read More...
3. Fintech startup EarlySalary has acquired CashCare, a consumer lending platform. Read More...
4. Paytm Payments Bank has launched Paytm AshaKiran, a programme to educate rural women aboutfinancial services and create new employment opportunities in small towns and cities
5. SoftBank has reportedly finally agreed to sell its 23.6% stake in the Indian eCommerce major Flipkart.
6. Bengaluru-based SaaS company Bizom (Mobisy) closed its second round of venture capital funding of $3.5 Mn (INR 24 Cr), led by SIDBI Venture Capital Limited (SVCL).
7. In partnership with Startup India, Netherlands to set up ‘Startup Link’, an initiative to help the Dutch startups explore the Indian market.
8. Amazon Online Shopping in India aims to expand cloud computing operations in Latin America.
9. Microsoft has acquired US-based AI developer "Semantic Machines" to develop the technology closer to how humans speak.
10. Adobe is buying e-commerce services provider Magento Commerce from private equity firm Permira for $1.68 billion in cash
11. An association of online sellers has filed a petition with the Competition Commission of India (CCI) against Flipkart for giving "preferential treatment" to a few seller entities and thus enabling steep discounts on its platform.
12. HMD Global, the Finnish company that makes Nokia-branded smartphones and feature phones, has raised $100 million from a clutch of investors to scale up its business operations and fund its growth, at more than $1 billion valuation.
13. Renting Platform FastFox.com acquires Roofpik.com to strengthen property supply depth. Read More...
14. Cashkumar - a Peer-to-Peer lending startup that raised 5 Cr on LetsVenture. Read More...
15. OnePlus 6 sold out 28,572 units worth Rs 100 Cr within 10 minutes in India. Read More...
16. PAYBACK appoints Rijish Raghavan as its new COO, Rentsher appoints Anubha Verma as its CTO, Intellecap appoints Vikas Bali as the new CEO, Travelur.com names Srinivas Rapthadu to its advisory board, and NiYO appoints Vineet Sethi as new Chief Marketing Officer. Read More...
18. Amazon has reportedly begun talks with Future Retail Limited to acquire 10% stake in the company.
19. Ola has expanded its services to three more cities in Australia including Brisbane, Gold Coast, and Canberra. Read More...
20. AI startup Staqu has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to assist the Dubai Police with its AI-powered predictive policing technology.
21. Brigade REAP, the first accelerator in Asia to focus on Real Estate, has on-boarded 5 startups for its 4th Cohort including Aerologiks, Clairco, R2 Promise, Renewate & Smarter Dharma.
22. Background verification startup Betterplace has raised $3 million (Rs 20.4 crore) in a Series A round of funding from a new investor 3one4 Capital. Read More...
23. Health and fitness startup Cure Fit will merge its fitness brand Cult.fit with premium chain Fitness First India.
24. Bengaluru and US-based micro-lending startup Vola has raised $500,000 (Rs 3.4 crore) in a pre-Series A funding round from Mexican investors.
25. Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd is planning to expand beyond the Indian market, and will be entering in Europe through a subsidiary in Estonia, reported LiveMint.
26. Ahmedabad-based etailer for regional goods Salebhai becomes the first B2C ecommerce startup looking to raise money through public route at an early stage. The startup has filed a Draft Prospectus (DP) with the SME platform of BSE Ltd.
Around The World