3. In the first half of 2018, investments worth $3.6 billion made across 411 deals in startups.
4. Walmart has pushed the earlier deadline of acquiring the Bengaluru-based e-commerce major Flipkart for further three months i.e June 2019.
5. E-commerce firm Infibeam has received shareholders’ approval to expand business in IT segment, set up a payments bank and raise Rs 2,000 crore, PTI reported.
6. Aditya Birla Retail Ltd (ABRL) has entered into an agreement with homegrown private equity fund Samara Capital for the sale of its food and grocery retail chain More for about $628 million (Rs 4,300 crore), reported ET.
7. Bangalore-based home automation startup Silvan Innovation Labs has launched a revolutionary system - Silvan BOARD - which is based on IoT technology. This system retrofits into a conference room, communicates with existing, installed devices and provides a simple interface to set the room into different modes of operation.
8. Digital payments major PayPal plans to hire 600 techies by December including in the Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) domains.
12. International Finance Corporation (IFC) plans to invest up to $30 million (Rs 205 crore) in chemicals firm Camlin Fine Sciences Ltd.
13. Swiggy on Monday announced an addition to its leadership team with the appointment of ex Procter & Gamble (P&G) executive Vivek Sunder as its first chief operating officer.
14. Private equity firm Everstone-backed packaged foods platform Everfoods has entered into an agreement to acquire the Cookie Man brand from Australian Foods India Pvt Ltd.
15. Automobile services platform GoBumpr, has raised $600,000 (around Rs 4 crore) in a pre-Series A round of funding from existing investors The Chennai Angels (TCA) and global investor network Keiretsu Forum.
16. Internet-based startup Fixpocket has raised $250,000 seed funding from La Gajjar Group, a private investment group based in Ahmedabad.
17. Mumbai-based consumer electronics firm SoundLogic has roped in India’s most successful captain, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, as a partner-evangelist.