#TodayDeals: OYO Officially Launches into China, Byju’s Aims Rs 1,400 Cr Revenue This Year & More
OYO has officially announced its foray into China, claims to have more 11,000 rooms on a franchised or manchised model across 26 cities including Hangzhou, Xian, Nanjing, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Shenzhen, Xiamen and Kunming among Others.
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today. Read a brief description about all of them:
2. OYO has officially announced its foray into China, claims to have more 11,000 rooms on a franchised or manchised model across 26 cities including Hangzhou, Xian, Nanjing, Guangzhou, Chengdu, Shenzhen, Xiamen and Kunming among Others.
3. Beauty products and services marketplace Purplle.com, has secured around Rs 17.50 crore in a fresh funding round from a clutch of investors.
4. Online education startup Byju has crossed Rs 100 crore in monthly revenue last month and upped its revenue goal for this year to Rs 1,400 crore.
5. California, US-based fintech startup Tala has launched its first engineering hub in Bangalore, India in order to broaden access to credit and financial services.
6. Gurgaon headquartered People Matters has on-boarded Startup India as its knowledge partner for the People Matters TechHR startup program.
7. German auto parts maker Bosch Group plans to invest 1,700 crores ($250 million) in India over the next three years to meet growing demand in the domestic automotive market.
8. Online home design startup Livspace is reportedly in talks to raise $50 million from Verlinvest, Ratan Tata’s UC-RNT Fund and existing investors.
9. US-based private equity giant, The Carlyle Group that invests in both growth and buyout deals in India out of its Asia funds, has scooped up $6.55 billion for its new fund for the region.
10. Telecom major BSNL is planning to launch 5G in the country along with global markets by 2020.
11. Chennai headquartered IT firm Aspire Systems today announced a partnership with Sauce Labs, a global provider of continuous testing cloud, to accelerate the transition from manual testing to continuous testing for large enterprises.
12. Payments platform Simpl has announced tie-ups with five new merchants including Bigbasket, Meru, NoBroker, Fynd and Guarented, for consumers through features like one-click purchases and buy now pay later among others.
13. Digital payments platform Instamojo has recently appointed Deepak D Prakash as its chief business officer.
17. FarEye, a digital logistics platform, has announced the opening of its first European office in London with an aim to expand its business foothold in the region and to serve its customers directly. With a total of 6 corporate offices in India, Dubai, and Singapore, FarEye currently serves customers in over 20 countries.
19. Celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s online store for kitchen products, Wonderchef has raised another round of funding. The startup has secured Rs 70 Cr from Amicus Capital at a valuation of Rs 700 Cr.
20. Walmart has sold $16 billion of bonds to help finance their Flipkart acquisition.
21. Facebook is now piloting a feature called Subscription Group, that will let group admins charge you monthly for exclusive access.
23. Consumer focused venture capital fund, Sixth Sense Ventures has invested about $2 million (between Rs 10-15 crore) in Fullife Healthcare which sells sports nutrition supplements.
24. DocTalk, a mobile application for doctors and patients, is in advanced talks to raise $10 million from a clutch of investors led by venture capital firm Nexus Venture Partners, reported ET.
25. Oakter Smart Home, India’s internet connected home appliances company, today announced its plans to invest $2 million in research & development.
26. Healthtech startup Clinivantage Healthcare Technologies has raised $1 Mn from US-based investor group Metaform Ventures LLC.
27. Flipkart is expected to launch a loyalty programme named ‘Lock-In’ to attract and retain customers, by end of July or early August and has set aside $173 million, or about Rs 1,178 crore, to spend on services under the programme for the next three years.
28. Digital payments company PhonePe has partnered with Goibibo to allow users make hotel bookings and make payments from within the PhonePe app.
29. Accenture along with the Consulate General of Israel to South India, and NASSCOM have jointly launched ‘scalerator,’ an exclusive program that aims to enhance the collaboration between Israeli and Indian startups.
30. Two Indian startups are selected among world’s 61 most promising Technology Pioneers 2018 by World Economic Forum (WEF), including Delhi-based SocialCops and Ahmedabad-based My Crop Technologies.
Around The World