#TodayDeals: Mobike to Start India Operations Very Soon, Uber to Launch Auto Rickshaw Service in Gurugram & More
Indian government plans to expand the Digital Village or the DigiGaon initiative in 700 villages across the country by end of this year. The initiative not only connects the village with Wi-Fi, it also assists the residents in entrepreneurship opportunities.
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today. Read a brief description about all of them:
1. Mumbai-based cold-pressed juice manufacturer Raw Pressery has raised $10 million from existing investors Sequoia Capital, Saama Capital and DSG Consumer Partners.
2. Crowdfunding platform Impact Guru has raised $2 million in series A funding round co-led by Apollo Hospitals Group and Venture Catalysts. Read More...
3. China’s bicycle-sharing platform Mobike plans to foray into Indian Market, appoints former EY executives to ride into the country. It is expected to start its services by next few weeks from Pune. Read More...
4. Uber is adding three wheel-hailing option to its app in Gurugram from this week, reported Entrackr.
5. Sanjeev Pratap Sinha, a professional turned first generation entrepreneur having a number of companies under his portfolio has announced the acquisition of ADARA, a two-year-old Beauty & Wellness Spa in Gurgaon. Read More...
6. DailyNinja, a hyperlocal platform for daily essentials, has announced that it has started services in Hyderabad. Read More...
7. Amazon’s India business could be valued at $16 billion right now and is expected to reach $70 billion in gross merchandise volume (GMV) and $11 billion in net sales by 2027, according to a report by Citi Research released last week.
8. Flipkart-owned Myntra reduces losses by 25% to Rs 655 crore as against Rs 823 crore in the previous year.
9. Paytm Mall has launched a slew of services, including no-cost every month instalments, extended warranty, device insurance and easy exchanges, for white goods and mobile phones.
10. After starting a pilot project in six villages, the government plans to expand the Digital Village or the DigiGaon initiative in 700 villages across the country by end of this year. The initiative not only connects the village with Wi-Fi, it also assists the residents in entrepreneurship opportunities.
11. Indian multinational conglomerate Adani Enterprises is now planning to enter the electric buses category.
12. Gurugram-based P2P lending startup Faircent has received its non-banking financial companies (NBFC)-Peer-to-Peer (P2P) certification from the RBI (Reserve Bank of India). Read More...
13. Paytm Mall has announced its plans to introduce new services, including No Cost EMIs, Device Insurance, Extended Warranty on products, and Easy Exchange across its online platform as well as offline partner stores.
14. Mumbai-based private equity arm of Motilal Oswal Financial Services Ltd is targeting to close its third $294 million growth capital fund next month, reported DealStreetAsia.
15. Cash Suvidha Revenue Grows 4X in FY 2017-18, Aims to Disburse Rs 400 Cr Loan Amount by End of March 2019. Read More...
16. Travelyaari teams up with Hike to provide the messaging platform’s users a seamless bus booking experience. Read More...
17. Singapore-based private equity firm L Catterton Asia has agreed to buy a stake of about 10% in Future Lifestyle Fashions Ltd.
18. Video creation platform Rocketium.com has raised Rs 2 crore (around $300,000) in a seed round of funding from early-stage venture capital firm Blume Ventures and a clutch of angel investors.
19. Hyderabad Metro Rail is planning to soon provide electric vehicle (EV) charging facility at metro stations in partnership with PowerGrid Corporation of India Ltd.
Around The World