Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today. Read a brief description about all of them:
1. Flipkart aims to launch grocery services in five cities by July, according to media reports, beginning with Hyderabad and followed by Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi-NCR and Pune. Read More...
2. Chinese smartphone maker appoints Charles Wong as new India head
3. YCook, an organic, ready-to-cook processed foods startup, has raised $5 million (about Rs 33.7 crore) in a Series-B round from venture capital firm 021 Capital, Netherlands-based impact fund Oikocredit and existing backer Omnivore.
4. Non-profit startup incubator N/Core picks up eight nonprofit startups for its six-month incubation program that is starting from May 28 in Bengaluru.
5. The technology backbone of the government – the National Informatics Center (NIC) – is launching its fourth data center in Bhubaneshwar
6. All India Online Vendors Association (AIOVA) has now alleged that a number of merchants selling on Flipkart did not receive their scheduled payments.
7. India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) is offering its account holders an option to de-link Aadhaar number.
8. Ola will set up a holding company that will own different units, including its core cab business, food delivery app Foodpanda and the nascent businesses of electric vehicles and the international unit, reported LiveMint.
9. Amazon India’s B2B Arm Amazon Wholesale has recorded a profit of $413.7K (Rs 2.8 Cr) in FY17.
10. Mumbai-based home healthcare services aggregator HealWell24 has raised $200,000 from a clutch of angel investors in its pre-Series A round.
11. Future Group is in advanced stages of discussions to acquire Iraya, a retailer of Ayrvedic personal care products, from Athena Life Sciences.
12. HSBC Bank and T-Hub select 5 Fintech startups for ‘Accelerator 2030’ Program. Read More...
13. Toffee Insurance, India’s first digital-only insurance platform for millennials has raised $1.5 million (Rs 10 crores approximately) in a round of seed funding led by Kalaari Capital, Omidyar Network and Accion Venture Lab. Read More...
14. Menterra Social Impact Fund, an impact focused venture capital fund, has announced a new investment in FarmFolks. Read More...
15. Myforexeye has raised Bridge round funding of $500K from InRhythm Energy Ltd, Indian arm of US based InRythm Inc. Read More...
16.Ant Financial, the payment affiliate of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba has closed its latest funding round of $10 billion from a clutch of global and local investors at $150 billion valuation.
17. Amazon has rebranded its grocery offering Amazon Now to Prime Now. Prime Now will provide exclusive express two-hour delivery to Prime members anytime between 6 am and midnight as well as access to over 10,000 products across fresh produce, grocery and home and kitchen items.
18. Online interior design and furniture company HomeLane.com, plans to invest $5 million to expand its experience centre network across the country.
19. Blueleaf Cyberspace Systems Pvt Ltd, a cloud based SaaS platform that offers attendance and productivity management tools, has raised seed funding from Bengaluru-based real estate firm Ferns Estate and Developers.
20. ORO Wealth, a fin-tech company and zero commission Direct Mutual Fund Platform, today announced that it has raised $1.6 mn in Series A funding. Read More...