#TodayDeals: Hrithik Roshan Invests Rs 6 Cr in Fitness Startup Cure.Fit & More
Indian Angel Network (IAN) has raised more than Rs 227 crore for the IAN Fund, its maiden fund, to invest in early stage startups.
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today. Read a brief description about all of them:
1. GO-JEK enters into four new markets (Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore and the Philippines), plans to invest $500M in international expansion. Read More...
2. Indian Angel Network (IAN) has raised more than Rs 227 crore for the IAN Fund, its maiden fund, which will be deployed over a four-year period in around 160 early stage startups.
3. Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan has invested Rs 6 crore in Bengaluru-based fitness startup Cure.Fit.
4. Hyperlocal search engine JustDial has reported 53.68% annual growth in net profit at $5.69 mn (Rs 38.96 Cr) for the quarter ending March 31, 2018, from $3.07 mn (Rs 25.35 Cr) in the same quarter last year, showed by the company's latest filings.
5. Intel India and the Israel Consulate General, have announced a collaboration to drive innovation and technology development by connecting startups and enterprises from both the countries, reported Inc42.
6. Isprava, a company that develops luxury holiday homes in India, is pleased to announce its second fundraise, of Rs. 21 crores (over $3 million). Read More...
7. Accel Partners-backed Cogoport, a digital freight logistic startup, to establish digital freight corridor in Netherlands, to connect Indian traders to the European market.
8. Home services platform UrbanClap has become the furniture assembly partner in Hyderabad for the Swedish home furnishing brand IKEA, which is planning to open India's first store spread over 4,00,000 square feet this summer. Read More...
9. Facebook’s India new head could very well be from the media and entertainment or FMCG industry.
10. Omnichannel engagement and commerce solutions provider Capillary Technologies plans to expand to Thailand, Philippines and Turkey after having more than trebled its revenue in China in the past financial year.
11. Reliance Industries Ltd has, through its investment arm Reliance Industrial Investments and Holdings Ltd, invested Rs 10 crore ($1.5 million) in Gurgaon-based digital healthcare technology platform KareXpert Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
12. Private equity major Samara Capital is in discussions to acquire Aditya Birla Retail’s supermarket chain ‘More’ for around Rs 2,500 crore.
13. The Drugs Technical Advisory Board (DTAB) has approved a proposal for a “trace and track” mechanism during a meeting held on May 16. According to the proposal, a 14-digit number will be printed on the labels of the top 300 pharmaceutical brands along with a mobile number provided by the company marketing the brand. Patients purchasing these medicines can message this 14-digit number to the contact number provided and will get details like the name and address of the manufacturer, the batch number, manufacturing and expiry date, the official said.
14. RevStart welcomes innovative early and growth stage start-ups for its acceleration programme; to facilitate mentorship and funding opportunities from global investors and mentors.
15. Mastercard Selects 11 Startups for Its Start Path program, Also Launches ‘Accelerate’ to Help Fintechs. Read More...
16. Reverse Auction based eCommerce Platform, Arzooo.com Raises Seed Funding from Omphalos Ventures India. Read More...
17. Chinese Bicycle Sharing Startup Mobike launches in Pune, India today. Read More...
18. The ride-hailing giant Uber has reported ride bookings of $11.3 billion for the first quarter, up 4% from $10.8 billion in the previous quarter and 51% from $7.5 billion a year ago. Its revenue was $2.6 billion, up 8% from $2.4 billion last quarter and 73% from $1.5 billion a year ago.
19. SoftBank-backed Ola is planning to launch a credit card in the next two-three months, reported Entrackr.
20. Maharashtra has received three proposals involving investments worth more than Rs 10,000 crore to make electric vehicles and related infrastructure under its policy to push cleaner transport, reported BloombergQuint.
21. Actor Sushant Singh Rajput to Promote Dipping Bhim App Usage (and Women Entrepreneurship) for Niti Aayog. Read More...
22. Airtel Payments Bank Appoints Anubrata Biswas as MD & CEO. Read More...
23. Medlife, a healthcare company and largest omni-channel pharmacy, has launched its first diagnostic lab in Bangalore, as part of an aggressive plan to expand its offline footprint in India. Read More...
24. Clean-tech firm, Bonphul Air Products Pvt. Ltd, which makes an oxygen optimiser called OxyMax, has raised Rs 2 crore in angel funding from Atul Gupta and Saurabh Rastogi, directors at computer spare parts firm Rx Infotech and packaging manufacturer Karmesh Global Technologies, respectively.
25. The finance ministry has tied up with 40 entities including Flipkart, Swiggy, Patanjali and Amul, which are big job creators, for extending loans to small entrepreneurs under the Mudra scheme, reported DNA.
26. Uber Technologies Inc. will open its first research and development centre outside of the US, and has chosen Paris as its home. The company will invest $23.5 million over the next five years in the lab, which will focus on technologies to support the development of Uber’s flying-car initiative, dubbed Uber Elevate, reported LiveMint.
27. The government is planning to set up a regulator to oversee the startup funding market for Indian enterprises. The proposed Alternate Markets Commission (AMC) would be responsible for drafting regulations to make it easier for unlisted firms to raise money from investors, as reported by LiveMint.
Around The World