3. Flipkart-owned Myntra has built a software platform for wearable devices, named Myntra Wearable Platform, that will power its own line of wearable products as well as those developed by third-party device makers.
4. Google is rolling out desktop browser support for Android Messages, allowing users to send, view and receive messages they get on their Android devices to their personal computers (PCs).
5. Infosys has set up a Digital Centre of Excellence in Marseille to strengthen its footprint in France.
6. Cisco will buy California and Bengaluru based July Systems, a mobile application platform provider, to bolster its enterprise Wi-Fi platform.
7. Google has launched its Google News Initiative Training Network in India in partnership with BoomLive, DataLeads, and Internews, to train 8,000 Indian Journalists in debunking fake news
8. Amazon is launching its Prime Day sale (planned between July 7 and 15)— its global flagship 30-hours sale event — when all Amazon operations across countries offer massive discounts to its subscription-based Prime shoppers.
9. Goldman Sachs Group to invest $500 million into companies led, founded or owned by women.
10. Online baby products retailer FirstCry, is in discussions to raise $100-150 million from multiple investors, Mint reported.
12. Mobile accessories brand PTron has embarked on an aggressive plan to address the offline market.
13. Workspace provider Smartworks has unveiled its new facility in Hyderabad’s Hitech City, taking its total number of centers in India to 15 across nine cities namely, Delhi, Gurugram, Noida, Kolkata, Bangalore, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai and Hyderabad.
14. Indiassetz, India’s foremost real estate wealth management advisory startup announced that it has expanded its presence to Hyderabad.
15. After operating as a fully self-funded e-Commerce aggregator since it was founded in 2013, Counfreedise has now taken a giant leap and has become a public limited firm. The company will be filing for listings at the BSE and the NSE in the coming months.
18. Online ticket booking startup BookMyShow has announced its foray into international event ticketing with musical stage production The King and I to be held at the West End theatre in London this summer.