#TodayDeals: BSE To Launch New Platform Next Month to Facilitate Listing Of Tech Startups & More
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) has decided to launch a new platform next month to list the new-age companies in sectors like IT, ITES, bio-technology and life sciences, 3D printing, space technology and e-commerce.
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today. Read a brief description about all of them:
1. Healthtech startup SigTuple has raised Rs 130 Cr in a Series B funding round led by Accel Partners and IDG Ventures.
3. Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) has decided to launch a new platform next month to list the new-age companies in sectors like IT, ITES, bio-technology and life sciences, 3D printing, space technology and e-commerce.
4. Paytm has invested Rs 61 Cr into Paytm Entertainment, its wholly owned subsidiary that deals in ticket booking for movies and other entertainment channels, according to company filings with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
5. The government is working on a seven-step screening system for all appointments to key institutions and organisations, an elaborate process that begins with a candidate’s internet footprint and ends with a final nod from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) in successful cases, reported ET.
6. Satya MicroCapital, an Indian micro finance company, recently reached the milestone of catering to 1 lakh active loan clients. As of June 2018, the company has extended Rs 300 crores in terms of loans to micro enterprises across India.
7. Republic of Estonia’s e-Residency programme is now collaborating with Payoneer, an online payments company, to transform the way e-residents in India send and receive cross-border payments.
8. Indian technology investors have joined hands to launch a dedicated crypto fund named B1T Capital.
9. Reliance Jio Infocomm (Jio), telecom arm of billionaire-Mukesh Ambani owned Reliance Industries, has raised $1 billion (Rs 6,800 crore) from Korea Trade Insurance Corporation (K-Sure), to diversify its borrowing sources.
10. Non-banking finance company InCred Finance is seeking to invest around Rs 50 crore into Pune-based personal finance management startup Walnut.
11. Gurugram-based food-tech startup InnerChef has witnessed 295 per cent increase in revenue, making it Rs 9.8 crore in the fiscal year 2016-17 as compared to Rs 2.5 crore in the preceding fiscal. Meanwhile, the company had a loss of Rs 11 crore during the financial year, while the figure stood at Rs 3.87 crore in FY16, reported Entrackr.
12. Mobile adtech company InMobi has entered into a strategic partnership with Microsoft Corp. as part of a technology collaboration.
13. Malaysia-based cryptocurrency company Belfrics Group has resumed its trading operations in India. The company had stopped its exchange operations in India in the early January this year after banks stopped providing payments solutions.
14. The start-ups that have availed loan and are running successfully will be entitled for the second round of funding from the government (up to Rs 1 crore) to expand their business, reported TheNewIndianExpress.
15. Global venture capital firm Sequoia Capital has formally kicked off the process of raising money for its sixth India-dedicated fund, reported VCCircle.
16. Clean-tech startup ZunRoof has raised a second round of angel funding of Rs 1.66 crore ($0.25 million) from i3N (led by Pradeep Tharakan, Sr. Energy Specialist at ADB and Vismay Sharma, MD, L'Oreal, UK & Ireland), Paipal Ventures’ Ajith Pai, Gaurav Gupta, Asia Director, Dalbergr and a bunch of IIT Kharagpur alumni based in US.
Around The World