Photo Credit : ShutterStock,
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (17th July 2018). Read a brief description about all of them:
1. Photo sharing mobile application Vebbler has raised an undisclosed amount in a pre-series A funding round from a clutch of investors.
2. Amazon has made a fresh infusion of Rs 230 crore into its payments arm Amazon pay, months after it pumped in Rs 195 crore into the business in March.
3. LeapFrog Investments, the leading investor in companies that deliver healthcare and financial services for emerging consumers, has acquired a majority stake in Mumbai-based medical products company Ascent Meditech for an undisclosed amount.
4. Professional networking company LinkedIn said its user base in India has crossed the 50 million mark.
5. Online education startup Byju’s is in talks with new and existing investors to raise fresh funds of more than $150 million at a valuation of $1.8-2 billion, reported DealStreetAsia.
6. Private equity firm Samara Capital is in final stage of discussions to buy Spoton Logistics Pvt. Ltd for $80 million (Rs 525 crore), reported TOI.
7. Gurugram-based Zomato has claimed 13 million order run rate in July, a 136% up from its 5.5 million orders in March.
8. Amazon is in early talks to invest in India’s second largest pharmacy chain Medplus.
9. Jaipur based Wholesalebox registers 10x growth in the last financial year and closed the last financial year with an annualized run rate of 60 crores.
10. Home decor solutions startup Foyr has raised an extended Series A round of $4.2 million from SRI capital and its existing investors.
11. Chinese ride-hailing app Didi Chuxinghas received a $500 million investment from U.S. travel firm Booking Holdings.
12. Yahoo Messenger will no longer be supported after July 17, 2018, the company said in a blog post.
View More Articles