#DealsRoundUp: eBay Explores Fresh Options for India Relaunch, China’s Toutiao Launches Social Networking App 'Helo' in India & More
Helo, which aggregates content on parenting, showbiz, daily soaps and even farming, has already racked up more than 1M downloads since its launch last month.
Photo Credit : ShutterStock,
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (27th July 2018). Read a brief description about all of them:
1. MakeMyTrip has invested an undisclosed sum in travel-focused technology provider Bitla Software, the Nasdaq-listed, Gurgaon-headquartered company.
2. US based startup incubator Y Combinator has invested in smart SMS app Kyte.ai, as a part of its summer cohort.
3. eBay, which is set to exit Flipkart following the Walmart deal, is exploring fresh options in India and has held talks for a merger with some e-commerce players, including ShopClues, reported ET.
4. Facebook buys Israeli messaging company Redkix to strengthen its Workplace product, for a deal value less than $100 million.
5. Paytmhas now expanded its operations to Japan in partnership with PayPay Corporation, which is a joint holding entity between Japanese telecom major SoftBank and Yahoo Japan.
6. Music streaming platform Spotify said Thursday that it has reached 83 million paying subscribers, marking steady growth from 75 million subscribers in the previous quarter.
7. NTT Comm-owned Netmagic has invested $144 million (nearly Rs 990 crore) to expand its data centre facilities by 70% in India.
8. Cleartax is looking at processing around 4 million tax filings through its platform this financial year, against about 2.5 million last year, reported ET.
10. Software maker Atlassian is selling its team-chat services Stride and Hipchat Cloud to rival Slack for an undisclosed amount.
11. Bloom Energy Corporation, which sells clean energy power generators based on solid oxide fuel-cell technology, has raised $270 million by offering 18 million shares at $15 apiece, in an initial public offering (IPO) on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
12. Paytm, is building its new, dedicated office campus in Sector 137 along Noida Expressway in Uttar Pradesh that will be spread across 10 acres.
13. Amazon’s international losses for the quarter ending June were $494 million, a fall of 31% from $724 million in the corresponding quarter of last year. International sales grew by 27% to $14.6 billion from $11.4 billion in the second quarter.
14. Food-ordering startup Twigly has shut down its services almost after three years of operations, reported Entrackr.
15. China’s Toutiao has launched a social networking app called Helo in India to take on the country’s hottest digital media startups such as Dailyhunt, ShareChat and Clip as well as Facebook.
16. Data Analytics firm Qlik has acquired Podium Data, an enterprise-grade data management company.
17. US- and India-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) and technology company TheCapitalNet has raised $500,000 (Rs 3.4 crore) in seed funding.
18. Flipkart has offered an out-of-court settlement to the shoe maker Skechers after the footwear brand petitioned the Delhi High Court against Flipkart for allegedly selling counterfeit products on its platform. As per ET report, Flipkart has offered some cash payment and a commitment to do certain amount of business for Skechers as an offer to settle out of court.
19. US-based handicraft-focused marketplace Etsy has finally launches in India.
20. Zensar Technologies would acquire US-based digital marketing firm Indigo Slate for $18 million upfront and performance-based deferred payments.
21. Digital transformations solutions provider iauro Systems has raised an undisclosed amount of series A funding from Saraswat Infotech.
22. Student housing startup Your-Space, has opened 7 new co-living facilities across Delhi NCR, Mumbai, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, and Pune owing to the growing demand for standardized & quality student accommodation around universities and colleges.
Around The World