#DealsRoundUp: Maruti Suzuki Plans to Electrify Its Small Cars Over the Next 2 Years, IFC to Invest $23M in Hyderabad's Srinivasa Farms & More
The content platform, POPxo is foraying into selling products ranging from mugs and laptop bags to pouches and tote bags.
Photo Credit : ShutterStock,
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (26th July 2018). Read a brief description about all of them:
1. Big data analytics platform Iqlect has raised a bridge round of $2.5 million (approx ₹17.2 crore) from new investor VentureEast and existing investor Exfinity Ventures.
3. Vokal, which aims to be the go-to peer-to-peer knowledge-sharing platform for India’s non-English speaking segment, has raised a $5 million (approx ₹34.5 crore) Series A round led by Chinese investor Shunwei Capital, 500 Startups, with participation from existing investors Accel India and Blume Ventures.
5. American private equity firm TPG has acquired a significant minority stake in Sai Life Sciences, a drug discovery, development and manufacturing service provider.
6. Trell, Bengaluru-based an experience discovery platform through user-generated short videos, raised seed round of $1.25Mn co-led by BEENEXT and WEH Ventures. Sprout Venture Partners, Google India MD Rajan Anandan, Shaadi.com Founder Anupam Mittal & other HNIs.
7. Manu Rikhye, former EVP & Managing Director, Encore India, joined GrowX ventures, an early-stage investment firm, as a full-time partner. In his new role, Manu will be involved across all aspects of the fund, with a focus on driving thought leadership for GrowX and business development across the portfolio companies.
9. Maruti Suzuki India has decided to develop electric motors for its small cars - Alto, Wagon R, Celerio and A-Star.
10. IFC plans to make an equity investment of $23 million (Rs 158 crore) in Hyderabad-based poultry company Srinivasa Farms Pvt. Ltd, to expand its operations.
11. Noida and Bhubaneshwar-based an online marketplace that connects artisans and bulk buyers, Lal10 has raised an undisclosed amount in a pre-series A funding round from a clutch of investors, reported VCCircle.
12. Pune-headquartered software services company Persistent Systems has invested an undisclosed sum in US-based big data firm Cazena, Inc., as part of a $10 million funding round.
14. Mumbai-based specialised debt financing Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) BlackSoil Capital has raised $17 million from its existing sponsors in a Series C round.
15. AyurUniverse, an online aggregator for ayurveda and yoga centres, had raised $1 million (around Rs 6.9 crore) in fresh funding.
16. MakeMyTrip Ltd has made an undisclosed investment in travel-focused tech startup Bitla Software Pvt. Ltd.
Around The World