Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (10th Aug 2018). Read a brief description about all of them:
1. Walmart is expected to close the Flipkart deal within a week or a fortnight at the most.
2. Venture Catalysts has made a pre-Series A round of funding worth $1M in Gurugram-based Try & Buy Fashions.
3. Gurugram-based India Accelerator has raised funding led by InvestMind Solutions and Singapore-based HotStar ventures.
4. Bengaluru-based consumer finance startup HappyEMI has raised $1M in seed funding from AJ Ventures and Jain International Trade Organisation (JITO).
5. Hyperlocal micro-delivery platform DailyNinja has acquired Hyderabad’s local milk and daily essentials delivery platform, 4amShop, for an undisclosed amount.
6. Indian government is considering launching crypto tokens for financial transactions in the country.
7. Edtech startup Unacademy is in advanced talk to acquire online exam preparation platform WiFi Study, reported Entrackr.
8. IndiaTech.org, the think-tank and lobby group set up by domestic consumer internet giants like Flipkart and Ola, has appointed Rameesh Kailasam as the new acting CEO after the resignation of its previous CEO (Gyanendra Badgaiyan, a former IAS officer).
9. Cognizant said it would add 500 new technology job as it expands its operations in the US state of Arizona.
10. BLS E-Services has acquired Starfin India, a banking business correspondent of State Bank of India, for an undisclosed amount.
11. Pune-based startup Sminq is in talks with PE investors to raise $8-10 million for expansion financing to strengthen a new app that lets users share real-time information with others from verified locations around the world, reported ET.
12. Quizizz, a learning platform that helps teachers turn homework and tests into self-paced games, has raised $3 million in a funding round led by Nexus Venture Partners.
13. Logistics startup TransportEG has raised Rs13 crore ($1.9 million) from the private equity arm of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS).
14. Delhi-based Olly Credit, which offers loans to salaried individuals through instant microcredit cards, has raised an undisclosed amount in funding from China-headquartered fintech incubator and investor JadeValue, and Mumbai-based Lead Angels Network.
15. Paytm has acquired savings management application Balance Tech for an undisclosed sum.