#DealsRoundUp: Byju’s in Talks with SoftBank, Others to Raise up to $250M, India Post Payments Bank to Start Operations Soon & More
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) is expected to go live with 650 branches and around 17 crore accounts next month after receiving an approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for operations.
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (30th July 2018). Read a brief description about all of them:
1. Edtech platform Byju’s is in talks with SoftBank and other investors to raise $200-250 million to fund its global expansion plans.
3. Two former managing directors at venture capital fund Sequoia Capital are joining hands to launch a new Rs 2,000-crore investment firm, which will back early- to growth-stage private companies, reported ET.
4. Infosys has said it will invest approximately Rs 750 crore in the first phase of its upcoming facility in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
5. Paytm Mall is looking to expand to southeast Asian countries, including Japan, and has appointed a head for its international business and expansion.
6. Swiggy is all set to capture a larger share of the delivery pie by extending the service across the entire hyperlocal delivery market, reported ET.
7. Paytm is in talks to raise about $500 million from existing and new investors to build a new business vertical, which is likely to be launched by August-end.
8. The Chennai Angels (TCA) has exited investment in Fourth Partner Energy (4PEL) on the back of the $70 million investment by The Rise Fund, an impact investment fund managed by TPG Growth.
9. India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) is expected to go live with 650 branches and around 17 crore accounts next month after receiving an approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for operations.
10. AntWorks, an Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Intelligent Automation products and solutions company, today announced their Series A funding with a $15 million investment by SBI Investment Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of SBI Holdings, Inc.
12. Tessol, a Mumbai-based startup in the CleanTech-led cold chain logistics space, has recently raised an undisclosed amount in follow-on equity funding from early stage venture capital firm 1Crowd, and existing investors Infuse Ventures and Ankur Capital.
13. Rubique, financial matchmaking platform for loans and cards, strengthening the business pipeline, aims for loans worth $1 billion (Rs 6800 cr) and 1 million customers in the coming year. Also, the company is targeting 200,000 credit card set ups.
14. Health and fitness startup Cure.fit has raised $120 million in its series C round of funding led by IDG Ventures, Accel Partners and Kalaari Capital with participation from Chiratae Ventures and Oaktree Capital.
15. T-Hub Finds Three Indian Startups - Merxius, HUVIAiR and ZestIoT - for Boeing HorizonX India Innovation Challenge
16. Bengaluru-based 63Ideas Infolabs Pvt. Ltd, which runs business-to-business agri-marketing platform Ninjacart, has raised around $4.9 million (Rs 33.70 crore) in a fresh funding round from existing investors, reported VCCircle.
17. Medical science focused media startup NextGen Science Media has raised $145K in Seed funding from Singapore’s Emerge Ventures.
Around The World